Last Updated on by
Having the right gears is essential for your workouts. And, a comfortable yet well-built exercise mat is an important gear to your home gym gears collection. If you are here for an exercise mat for carpet, this is the right place. An exercise mat should be sturdy, non-slip, thick enough, reduces noise, and comfortable. Considering all these features, here you will find 10 best exercise mat for carpet.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Exercise Mat for Carpet
- Reviews of the Best Exercise Mat for Carpet
- 1. Premium Large Yoga Mat
- 2. Premium Yoga Mat
- 3. BalanceFromGoYoga High-Density Exercise Yoga Mat
- 4. ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Folding Exercise Mat
- 5. Giantex 4’x8’x2” Gymnastics Mat
- 6. Premium Extra Large Exercise Mat
- 7. HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat
- 8. Spoga Premium Long Exercise Yoga Mat
- 9. SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 30GS
- 10. Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat
- Think Before Buying A Exercise Mat for Carpet
- Exercise Mat for Carpet FAQs
- Is There Any Difference Between Yoga and Exercise Mats?
- Do I Really Need to Use an Exercise Mat?
- What to Do to Prevent Exercise Mats From Sliding on Carpet?
- What Materials Do Manufacturers Use to Make Exercise Mats?
- What is the Ideal Size of an Exercise Mat?
- What is an Exercise Mat, and Why is It So Famous?
- What Are the Benefits and Downsides of Using an Exercise Mat?
- What Type of Exercise Mats Are Currently on the Market?
- Do Acupressure Mats Really Work?
- How Can You Wash a Yoga or Sports Mat?
- How Do You Lay a Yoga or Sports Mat?
- Final Words
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Exercise Mat for Carpet
3. BALANCEFROMGOYOGA HIGH-DENSITY EXERCISE YOGA MAT
10. STAMINA FOLD-TO-FIT FOLDING EQUIPMENT MAT
Reviews of the Best Exercise Mat for Carpet
The exercise mat offers you some benefits. Therefore, finding the best exercise mat is a little tricky and almost as hard as your workouts. Online marketplaces are full of options; manufacturers came up with different models, styles, colors, and quality to confuse you. Here we reviewed 10 Best Exercise Mat for Carpet and described their pros and cons. These will help you to purchase the best one. Let’s continue reading!
1. Premium Large Yoga Mat
Premium Large Yoga Mat by GORILLAMATS is the ideal surface for your gym or home studio. A Large Yoga Mat intended for execution and solace. Each Gorilla Mat comes total with a 100% microfiber towel and two storage straps.
The best yoga mat for carpet offers you the lavish, delicate pad for your knees, elbows, lower legs, and feet, and the ideal surface for any floor. Gorilla Mats are built from most high evaluation non-dangerous materials with unmatched execution. It is as intense as your everyday practice – however sufficiently delicate to be agreeable on your uncovered feet. The best part is you won’t tumble off this tangle.
At 7′ x 5′, more than 3x bigger than standard measured mats, you will feel the opportunity of working out on an exceptional yoga tangle that is sufficiently huge for any and each posture, stretch or exercise schedule. Purchase at least 2 to make a rich 10′ x 7′ (or bigger) ultra-agreeable surface for more space.
Feel the expectation as your Gorilla Mat touches base at your entryway, cautiously moved up and verified with two stockpiling lashes. Just unstrapped and unrolled to change any room in your home, carport, or cellar into your one of a kind home studio or exercise center.
- Top quality, professional grade materials
- Double-sided performance design
- Shock-absorbing comfort padding
- Extra thick &ultra comfortable
- Includes towel and straps
- Non-slip grip, Non-toxic, 16p free
- 100% money back guarantee
- The new tangle smell left in the single day or two
- The additional thickness may not be ideal for all
2. Premium Yoga Mat
Premium Large Yoga Mat for Carpet is large enough for barefoot bodyweight exercise, meditation, any yoga pose, light cardio workout, stretch – by yourself or with a friend! The ideal equalization of squishy comfort and stable support.
Its 8mm high-thickness, twofold thick cushioning gives a lot of pad to secure your knees and joints – even on solid, tile or hardwood floors. The mat works extraordinarily in all rooms and ground surface including garage, basement, or living room carpet.
Each Gorilla Mat incorporates a 100% Microfiber Towel to wipe away dampness and give some additional cushioning and hold. Two Velcro Straps keep your mat moved up for simple stockpiling.
Gorilla Mats make an incredible blessing thought for yoga darlings, yoga instructor, men, ladies, or any individual who adores extending and wellness exercises at home!
100% unconditional promise – Your mate is sponsored by our lifetime guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your Gorilla Mat, return it for a full discount or substitution. No inquiries inquired. GORILLAMATS remain behind the nature of items and are sure you will LOVE your mat.
- The perfect surface for your gym or home studio
- Large enough for any stretch, pose or workout routine
- Squishy comfort and stable support
- Non-toxic materials with no latex
- Double-sided performance design
- Comfortable and shock-absorbing cushion
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Little stinky smell when first opened it up
3. BalanceFromGoYoga High-Density Exercise Yoga Mat
BalanceFrom generally useful premium exercise yoga mat is a high thickness mat ideal for sitting activities or light yoga practice. This best exercise mat for Hiit is not slippery. It accompanies a fantastic slip safe preferred standpoint, and the thick, high thickness padding avoids injuries.
BalanceFrom all-purpose premium exercise yoga is simple to roll back. Simple lashing and lightweight include are added to this mat for simple transport and storage.
Dampness safe innovation makes the mat to be effectively washed with cleanser and water. A free yoga mat strap is included. All authentic BalanceFrom items are secured by a 100% BalanceFrom fulfillment assurance and 2-year BalanceFrom Warranty.
The mat is an excellent quality requiring little to no effort, and indeed an advantageous purchase for anybody hoping to dunk their toes into a yoga practice!
- Double-sided non-slip surfaces
- Super-tough, durable and moisture resistant
- Easy to transport and storage
- Exceptional resilience keeps balance
- Easily washable with soap and water
- The green one is more expensive
- Only two years warranty
4. ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Folding Exercise Mat
Regardless of whether you’re at home, or outdoors, or the gym doesn’t give a little hard ground a chance to hinder your wellness schedule. The ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Exercise Mat will help keep you fit and adaptable, making different types of preparing conceivable to do anyplace, whenever.
A durable foam inside gives padded help and diminishes torment in delicate spots like wrists, elbows, knees, and spine; ideal for core and strengthening workouts, stretching, martial arts, or practicing yoga poses.
Thick EPE froth gives thick solace and is shrouded in a simple to clean vinyl material. This 6-feet long by 2-feet wide mat fits most clients, and the 1.5-inch thickness gives practice deck too hard surfaces inside or out.
A suitable tri-overlap configuration overlays up rapidly into 2″ long for simple stockpiling, and has two conveying handles. The versatile plan is incredible for fitness coaches, rehearsing games at home, practicing outside, and home exercise centers.
Experience quality help and firm pad amid tumbling, center work, wresting or extending. The thick wellness tangle is adaptable for different types of activity and gives an agreeable surface to help ensure delicate joints like knees, hips, spine, and wrists.
- Material: PVC and EPE foam
- Thick cushion and supportive surface
- Resilient foam interior keeps its shape
- Lightweight, easy to store, carry and wipe clean
- Vinyl surface resists tearing or stretching
- Three colors option: blue, grey and black
- A little bit narrow than a typical gymnastics mat
5. Giantex 4’x8’x2” Gymnastics Mat
The Giantex 4’x8’x2” Gymnastics Mat is great folding PU panel mat for kids and adult! It is used for various physical activities such as yoga, dancing, wrestling, light stretching, martial arts, general exercise, and also in gymnastics.
Giantex Gymnastics Mat is firmer than regular gym mats because of high-quality EPE foam and eco-friendly PU Cloth. Velcro on two edges to interface start to finish makes it dependable.
The thicker foam is easier to roll on and fall. If you have hardwood tile or floors, it is an ideal surface for stretching. Each panel has a zipper so you can change or clean the foam very easily.
A hand carry belt helps you to go anywhere with the mat. The price of the mat is great and excellent in quality. It is highly recommended for you!
- High-quality EPE foam and eco-friendly PU cloth
- Velcro on two edges connect end to end
- The panel has a zipper so clean or changes the foam
- Includes 1xGymnastic Mat & a hand carry belt
- Folding Size: 4’X2’X8″; Expand Size: 4’X8’X2″
- Perfect for exercises to kids and basic gymnastics
- No individual sections for separate
- Only 2 color blue and black
6. Premium Extra Large Exercise Mat
Goodbye gym membership! Simply unstrap and unroll to change any room in your home into your one of a kind home rec center. Premium Extra Large Exercise mats by Gorilla Mats are sufficiently substantial for any exercise including P90x, T25, Insanity, Dance, Cardio, TRX, Zumba, and the sky is the limit from there!
High-thickness, non-slip execution top gives unmatched toughness and pad. Exceptional, circle-design base grasps and keeps the mats from sliding around.
Premium Extra Large Exercise Mats are made from premium eco-accommodating, non-lethal materials to make the ideal mix of durability, solace, and steadiness. It incorporates a 100% Microfiber Towel to wipe away dampness and give some additional cushioning and hold.
Two Velcro Straps keep your mats moved up for simple stockpiling. Premium Extra Large Exercise tangles by Gorilla Mats make an incredible blessing thought for wellness darlings, men, ladies, couples, children, or any individual who cherishes cardio exercises at home!
- Instant home gym in any room
- Top quality, thick, double-sided design
- Professional grade materials and high-density construction
- Non-slip grip protects floors and joints
- Includes 100% microfiber towel and straps
- Non-toxic, no odor, stays flat when unrolled
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Little bit slippery while too sweaty
- They are a bit hard to clean
7. HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat
It accompanies an adjustable foam development that is genuinely delicate and agreeable; however, it is additionally firm enough to offer a suitable dimension of dependability.
HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat is likewise pleasantly estimated, and it should offer enough space for the vast majority to rehearse their yoga.
The mat is a half-inch thick, and it has a decent measure of providing for shield the joints and appendages from a portion of the burdens that can accompany yoga works out. It additionally has a non-slip surface for keeping the mat set up when you are working out.
The safe dampness surface as an afterthought that faces up is decent; however, it can get somewhat smooth on the off chance that you tend to sweat a great deal when you are working out. Overall, it is a decent and high thickness yoga mat for carpet.
- High-quality yoga mats provide the most comfort
- Durable, lightweight, portable with moisture-resistant skin
- The extra thick foam makes workouts more comfortable
- Self-strapping system for easy storage and transport
- Comes with a double-sided, non-slip surface
- Over 70 inches long by 23 inches wide
- There was a faint odor at first
8. Spoga Premium Long Exercise Yoga Mat
Its non-slip surface keeps the mat and your feet in place and fits a variety of body types. This best exercise mat for carpet comes with carrying straps, rolls up tightly, so it is easy to take with you.
The surface is moisture-resistant, and you can clean the mat using soap and water. The non-slip surface helps to keep the mat from moving during your workout. And the textured grip provides your feet to help keep you steady and prevent injuries.
At 71 inches long and 24 inches wide, the yoga mat is ideal for many body types. Whether you use the mat for yoga, Pilates, or another activity, it is designed to stay in place once you’ve positioned it.
- Comfortable for all sizes and shapes
- Ultra thick mat protects your knees and joints
- Absorbs impact and provides excellent comfort
- Two elastic straps connected by a handle for transport and storage
- Textured non-slip surface offers excellent grips and traction
- Extremely durable moisture-resistant skin is easy to clean
- Both sides are looking almost the same
9. SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 30GS
The Supermats Equipment tangle is the ideal answer for your activity hardware needs. SuperMats offer the perfect solution for use with treadmills, recumbent bikes, ellipticals, rowers, steppers, upright and stationary bikes, and other cardio practice units.
This mat is manufactured in the USA in the SuperMats organization claimed industrial facility, utilizing U.S.A. sourced materials. SuperMats are made with no destructive synthetic substances or materials, and safe for use around kids and pets.
Super-intense, solid tangle shields your floors and covers from the harming impacts of substantial exercise gear and trash from mechanical parts. Drags out the life of your hardware by keeping floor and rug dust from entering belts and mechanical parts.
Mat measurement is 30″ x 72″. These mats likewise function admirably as exercise mats for floor work out. The substantial, solid vinyl composite development will shield your hardware speculation from residue, abundance vibration, hose commotion, and will help expand the life of your gear while shielding your floors from harm.
- Super-tough and durable protective floor mat
- Cushions exercise equipment from excessive wear
- Fits multiple exercise units or equipment
- No harmful chemicals or materials
- Heavy-duty vinyl composite construction
- PVC does not conduct any electricity
- Manufactured in the U.S.A
- Only black color available
10. Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat
This high-quality equipment mat shields your floors from harm that exercises can deliver. Use the Stamina Fold-To-Fit Equipment Mat with practically any of your activity gear in any space.
The closed cell foam material is extreme yet sufficiently delicate to ingest sway, dispense with vibration and prevent cover strands from getting into the moving pieces of your gear.
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat works with elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, rowers, treadmills, inversion tables, Pilates reformers, weights, ellipticals, rebounders, home gyms, rowing machines, and more.
The closed-cell foam material of the mat eliminates vibration, absorbs impact, and keeps out carpet fibers. Also, the finished, grippy surface of the Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat can anticipate undesirable slippage.
This is critical for those who workout enthusiastically on their machines or have their hardware on a smooth surface, similar to hardwood or a bond floor. Its 7 folding sections make it easy to customize fit; also absorbs shock from aerobic workouts. It is engineered with textured, and non-slip pebble surface cleans easily.
- Fold-to-fit equipment mat for protecting floors
- Super-tough and durable protective floor mat
- Textured, non-slip surface, easily cleanable
- 1/4″ thick closed cell foam material
- Size: 3′ x 7′; weight: approximately 7 lbs
- Shipped to select countries outside the USA
- Wouldn’t absorbing high vibration
Think Before Buying A Exercise Mat for Carpet
Before buying a new exercise mat, it is good to do some research. There are several important factors before purchasing any exercise mat. Below, we will describe those facts in detail.
Length and Width
The essential aspect to consider is the size of the exercise mat. If the mat is not big enough for the exercises you will do, you won’t be comfortable. Ideally, it needs to be a little longer than your height and between 15 and 30 centimeters wider than you. If it is smaller, you can’t do the workout comfortably.
The next thing you should look at when buying your new exercise mat is whether the material from which it is made is more or less absorbent. An exercise mat tends to be made of overly porous material, and it will be difficult to clean and start to smell like sweat. If, on the other hand, it is not absorbent at all, your sweat will remain on the surface, causing it to be slippery.
For exercise purposes, we need to move our exercise mats pretty often. That’s why it is essential to check whether your mat is portable or not before purchasing. You must inspect the size of the mat when it is folded. Also, ensure that it contains carrying handles or straps.
The thickness of the exercise mat is also crucial. As you know, the mat protects us from the hard ground while we exercise, so it must be thick enough to avoid pain in our joints. However, for activities such as Yoga or Pilates, it is recommended to look for the mat with lower thickness. It is because practitioners of these sports prefer to feel the ground under the mat.
Another crucial feature of any exercise mat is non-slip nature. The underside of the mat should have a textured-surface that is non-slip. Otherwise, you can slip, and it will make the exercise more difficult and dangerous.
Exercise Mat for Carpet FAQs
Is There Any Difference Between Yoga and Exercise Mats?
The significant difference between these mats is their thickness. Exercise mats are thicker than yoga mats. It is because exercise mats need to tolerate more force when users exercise. They pose differently and complete various workouts on exercise mats. On the other hand, yoga mats don’t need to undergo such forces.
Do I Really Need to Use an Exercise Mat?
If you are a workout enthusiast and do workout regularly at home or the gym, you need to use an exercise mat. This mat can help you with almost all types of workout. It protects your body during exercise. These are the primary reasons for many health-conscious people to use exercise mats while doing workouts.
What to Do to Prevent Exercise Mats From Sliding on Carpet?
You can choose mats that come with cushioning. This feature helps the mat to stick in one place while doing the workout. If you already have an exercise mat for home that doesn’t feature cushioning, you can install no-skid rug backing on the underside of your exercise mat. It will keep area rugs in place so that you can exercise comfortably.
What Materials Do Manufacturers Use to Make Exercise Mats?
Most gym mats are made out of rubber, which is harvested from latex. So, these types of mats may aggravate those exercisers who have sensitive skins.
That’s why people prefer using exercise mats than traditional gym mats. Exercise mats are latex-free as they are made from high-density polyethylene. They are entirely toxin-free and suitable for most skin types.
What is the Ideal Size of an Exercise Mat?
The ideal size of an exercise mat varies from person to person. Some people use small exercise mats, which measure 6 feet by 2 feet. These mats require small space compared to larger mats.
So, many exercisers find this mat-size ideal. On the contrary, people who have dedicated spaces are comfortable with larger mats that measure 8 feet by 4 feet. Thus, which size is better entirely depends on your needs.
What is an Exercise Mat, and Why is It So Famous?
This fitness equipment is becoming more and more positioned every day. They are popular as they facilitate exercises. But some people don’t know them. Something that, logically, prohibits them from acquiring its innumerable advantages. However, exercise mats are nothing more than a rectangular piece placed on the floor to exercise.
Years ago, exercise mats used to be made of straw or other materials such as cotton. Today, we have technological advancement, so the best current exercise mats are designed with different materials: polyester, various rubbers, microfibers, or plastics such as PVC and POE.
What Are the Benefits and Downsides of Using an Exercise Mat?
Well, if you have already decided to enter the world of yoga or have decided, finally, to get in shape with exercises such as abs, the ideal is that you get a high-quality exercise mat. We ensure that it will help you a lot. Although it offers a lot of advantages, it has disadvantages too. So, let’s check out.
- Good for the joints
- It needs little space.
- It is transportable.
- Not very expensive
- Thermal insulation from the ground
- Flexible and resistant
- It is made from environmentally friendly materials.
- It facilitates sports or yoga practice anywhere
- It prevents the accumulation of sweat and other humidity
- Very easy to clean
- Really light
- Inflatables are real walking beds
- In the case of acupressure, it has multiple health benefits.
- It tends to wear out over time and lose properties
- Not all options serve the same purpose
What Type of Exercise Mats Are Currently on the Market?
The question is very likely to appear in your head when you see the list of the best exercise mats that we have mentioned before, you have realized that they are not all the same. You are correct; in almost any modern product, the variety is present. That is why you don’t only have cheap yoga mats, but also you have many other options focused on different activities.
Yoga Mat: It is classic. Yoga mats are designed for the practice of this discipline. They usually stand out for their minimal thickness and their great non-slip capacity.
Sports mats: They are usually thicker and slightly less flexible, as they are made for the practice of intense exercises such as push-ups or sit-ups, etc.
Acupressure Mat: its purpose is to put pressure on the body’s specific points in search of muscle relaxation and improve blood flow. People use the acupressure mat to treat back, neck, and shoulder pain.
Inflatable Mat: Maybe you can do crunches with the help of it, but that’s not its purpose. It is designed to serve as a transportable bed in mountain activities and camping.
Do Acupressure Mats Really Work?
Even though some defend that they do not benefit the human body, studies have been published where they strengthen its therapeutic potential in recent decades. So, it is evident that the acupressure mat does really work. And you can use it in many ways; if you choose to just lie on it, you will experience three levels of benefits:
During the first 15 minutes: The acupressure mat helps your body begin to release oxytocin and endorphins, which is something that helps to obtain a feeling of general well-being. Between 20 and 30 minutes of use: It lets you experience mild or medium analgesic effects, which reduces stress.
The tension begins to fade. More than 45 minutes: The analgesic effect is intensified. With it, the pain tends to disappear almost completely, as well as the possible inflammations that you suffer.
How Can You Wash a Yoga or Sports Mat?
As with any other fitness or sports product, cleanliness is essential. The yoga mat is an accessory that you expose to your sweat. It absorbs a decent amount of sweat and keeps your body dry. Apart from that, sometimes you use the exercise mat for outdoor use. Therefore, it is logical that you should clean and maintain it properly.
For exercise mats made from materials like PVC (polyvinyl chloride), just machine wash is sufficient. But if they are made from other components, such as rubber, the washing machine can damage them. A good method to clean them is the classic one since it works for any material. When in doubt, don’t risk it and follow these steps:
- Use a cleaning-brush with soft bristles or a good chamois.
- Use soap and warm water. Apply it on the cleaning instrument and rub the mat.
- Once at this point, hang the mat in a cool place. Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight.
How Do You Lay a Yoga or Sports Mat?
It seems like an obvious question, but everyone doesn’t know the appropriate procedure. That is why, below, we provide you a list of steps for the exercise mat so that you can get the best potential out of it and avoid accidents:
Ensure that the ground where you will place the mat is smooth. It will prevent it from breaking or damaging when doing your exercises. If your mat has both sides of the same color, place the non-slip part in contact with the ground.
If you spend hours and research, you will find what exactly you are waiting for. We come up with this best exercise mat for carpet list to make your job easy. Here we reviewed ten best exercise mats for carpet; you will never be disappointed with your purchase. Our experts researched hours considered all the features of an exercise mat and come up with this list. We hope that helped you!
You May Also Like to Read
- The Best Workout Headphones
- The Best Gym Bags for Women
- The Best Roman Chair
- The Best Indoor Cycling Shoes
- The Best Arm Blaster