Last Updated on January 1, 2022
Why should you use the best jump rope for cardio exercise? That’s the very first question arises in our mind. Here is the way we should use jump rope:
- Improves balance and coordination
- Burns 14 calories per minute
- Ultimate portable workout option
- It’s a low impact plyometric activity
- Helps you to stay fit and improve your mental health
Jumping rope exercise offers lots of health benefits without the help of any heavy equipment. For me, it is the ultimate cardio solution in a budget. When it comes to a cardio workout, you will get a wide variety of great options. But most of them are costly. If you need the easiest and cheapest solution, jumping rope is your solution.
All you have to do is pick a good quality rope and start jumping for a few minutes every day. Within a month, you will surely feel the change in your body as well as on your mind. Our aim today is to present the reviews of some of the top quality jump ropes for cardio exercise so that you can pick the right one in less effort. Let’s start the significant portion of the article:
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Jump Rope for Cardio
- Reviews of the Best Jump Rope for Cardio
- 1. Survival and Cross Jump Rope
- 2. WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope
- 3. Jump Rope Master Double Unders
- 4. King Athletic Jump Rope New Skipping Rope
- 5. Crossrope Jump Rope
- 6. Jump Rope Best for Speed Jumping
- 7. 321 STRONG Plastic Jump Rope
- 8. Buy Jump Ropes Double Unders Jump Rope
- 9. Fitness Factor Adjustable Jump Rope
- 10. Fitskuad Jump Rope Ideal for Taking
- Think Before Buying A Jump Rope for Cardio
- Jump Rope for Cardio FAQs
- Final Words
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Jump Rope for Cardio
Reviews of the Best Jump Rope for Cardio
In the market, you will notice different types of jump ropes made of different kinds of materials. The most common types are cloth jump rope, beaded jump rope, weighted jump rope, leather jump rope, Licorice PVC Jump Rope, speed jump rope, etc.
In the reviews, we tried to cover the best of each type so that you pick one according to your fitness need. Let’s get straight to the reviews of best jump rope for cardio exercise without wasting any more of your time:
1. Survival and Cross Jump Rope
The Survival and Cross Jump Rope is the first fitness stuff that we are going to review. The rope is considered as one of the most excellent options for a cardio workout. It is made of steel cable with a polyurethane coating. The rope is robust, and it will never kink or bind.
You can use it indoor or outdoor according to your needs. There are screws included that can be tightened for the longevity of the rope. Inside the handles, ball bearings are placed that ensures faster and smoother action.
The Survival and Cross Jump Rope is lightweight; thus, it is ideal for speed rope training. It is adjustable, and the price is reasonable too.
- Made of high-quality steel cable with a polyurethane coating
- Never kink or bind
- Ideal for speed rope training
- Adjustable length
- Offers faster and smoother action
- Comfortable grip
- The rope hits so hard if you miss time a jump
- Not ideal for slower jumping
2. WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope
The WOD Nation Jump Rope is the epitome of excellence. It comes with ballistic nylon resin handles with patented smooth liquid steel bearing. The handle is connecting with excellent kink-resistant nylon covered steel cable. So, the rope will give you the speed you always dreamt of.
You will get four ball bearings where two balls are in the handle, and the rest is on the cable. The handles are about 6.75-inch long that will give you ultimate comfort while using.
You can also adjust the cable according to your needs. The rope comes in a convenient carry bags. Storing it will not be a problem as well. For lighting fast revolution speed, pick the WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope right away.
- Excellent construction
- Features four ball bearings
- Offers a light, fast revolution speed
- Easy to use
- Comes in an attractive carry bag
- Hands are a little heavy
- Not suitable for beginners
3. Jump Rope Master Double Unders
The Master of Muscle Jump Rope is another example of excellent quality. It is comprised of high-quality materials. And it features lots of accessories like Fitness Training Ebook, Speed Rope Carry Case, Screw Kit, etc. For everything, the price of the product is reasonable.
The jump rope prevents kinking, tangling, and bending. As a result, you can conveniently do the cardio workout. The quality of the rope makes it an excellent choice for gym professionals and sports persons.
You can perform first spinning with a 90-degree handle turn and a wire cable. Again, you can adjust the height according to your needs. Overall, all these features make it the best jump rope for cardio.
- First spin 90-degree handle included
- Ensures fast spinning
- Made of top-quality materials
- Fully adjustable height
- Comes with necessary accessories
- The rope is thin
4. King Athletic Jump Rope New Skipping Rope
Jump Rope from King Athletic is designed for building endurance, stamina, and speed by improving your muscles tone. Many professionals from Boxing, MMA, and Cross Training are using this product comfortably for their cardio exercises.
Both the handle and wire cable is made with top quality materials. This rope surely will last a long time and serve you better than many other products in the market. You can adjust the length according to your needs.
The custom-molded foam grips of the rope have super-speed ball bearing included. So, you will experience smooth and effortless rotation. The rope can easily withstand heavy use.
- Comfortable foam grips
- Has ball bearing included in the grip
- Offers smooth and effortless rotation
- Professional quality jump rope made of top-grade materials
- Easily Adjustable length
- Comes with two helpful Ebooks
- Twists and tangles way too easily while using
5. Crossrope Jump Rope
It is designed for every training need. You will forget your gym membership! Even if you are a beginner and want to learn, this rope is the right choice for you.
The Crossrope Jump Rope is made of high-quality materials, and it has precision steel ball-bearing included. So, the rotation will be faster and smoother. Besides, it will last several years without any problem.
The rope is suitable for people who want to lose some weight quickly. You can get the intensity level according to your needs. Overall, this is an excellent rope for the price. If you try it, you will be satisfied.
- Easy to use for the beginner
- Made of high-quality materials
- High-quality precision steel ball-bearing included
- Offers smoothest and fasters spin
- A bit pricey for the quality
6. Jump Rope Best for Speed Jumping
Fitness Master is one of the big names in the fitness industry. They’ve been selling quality fitness equipment for many years. They offer their products at a reasonable price. The Fitness Master Jump Rope is an example of their fantastic quality.
The product is not an ordinary jump rope, and it is made to provide speed. In a second, the rope can rote six or seven times. You can surely get an incredibly intense workout. The cable is adjustable as well.
The handle features ball bearing for smoothest and rapid rotation. You will never experience friction or tangling like other typical long ropes. The price is good for everyone. The rope worth a try!
- Adjustable cable
- Smooth rotation
- Compact and lightweight
- Comes in a carrying case
- Comfortable handle
- Ensures fast spinning
- It’s a basic jump rope
7. 321 STRONG Plastic Jump Rope
The construction quality of the product is impressive with braided steel wire, which is PVC coated for durability and smoothness. Jumpers up to seven feet can use the rope due to its 11 feet long size.
The Vinyl end caps will keep the ends neat if you want to trim the wire. The handles are exceptionally made for a secure hold. You can also adjust the wire quickly with oversized thumbscrews.
The rope offers a tangle-free operation. It comes with additional features such as spare thumb screws, vinyl caps, nylon carrying bag, and 4K Ultra HD eBook.It is less pricey than the other same quality ropes.
- Comes in a comfortable tapered handle that offers a secure hold
- Easy to adjust oversized thumb screws
- The wire is PVC coated
- Durable and smooth rotation
- Comes in a carrying bag and Ultra HD eBook
- If you get hit by the rope, it will punish you hard
8. Buy Jump Ropes Double Unders Jump Rope
It is made of highest grade materials, which are why the rope is durable and unbelievably fast. The rope is a favorite item at CrossFit Garage Gym, Rogue Fitness, and other major fitness centers.
You can adjust the rope length quickly and easily without any effort. The item is made in the USA so you can realize how good they are.
The length of the rope is about ten inches, which are fair enough for people over 6 feet tall. The Buy Jump Ropes Double Unders Jump rope is perfect in every possible way. I am sure you will fall in love with it after your first use. Don’t miss; the stock is limited!
- Made in the USA
- Ideal for people over 6’6″
- Easy to change the length
- Made of top-quality materials
- Offers fast rotation
- Comfortable plastic handle
- Not suitable for beginners
9. Fitness Factor Adjustable Jump Rope
The Fitness Factor Jump Rope is suitable for all workout enthusiasts. The rope is smoother and faster, also tangle resistant. The handle features useful ball bearing. The Fitness Factor Adjustable rope is made of high-quality materials. Hence, it is long-lasting.
You can comfortably perform all the cardio exercises with this rope. The item is lightweight and handles foam cover included that will reduce strain on your hand. You can burn calories and get the perfect body within a few days.
The best jump rope for crossFit is ideal for both men and women from any age group. And with the help of it, you can perform the following workout: boxing, CrossFit, and other low-impact exercises.
- Ball-bearing included
- Tangle-resistant rope made of top quality materials
- Ideal for both men and women
- Offers faster rotation
- Handles are not that good
10. Fitskuad Jump Rope Ideal for Taking
The Fitskuad Jump rope is the last attraction today. This one is perfect for professionals and beginners of all ages. The construction quality of the best jump rope for weight loss is fantastic with top quality materials.
So, the rope will last many years without any problem. The rope is 10 feet long and fully adjustable with extra-large screws. You can adjust the rope quickly.
The Jump rope is excellent for all types of cardio exercises. It is extremely fast. With an efficient ball-bearing system and 6-inch extra-long handles, you will get 320 jumps per minute. The cable is thin and ideal for traveling.
The construction quality of this Fitskuad Jump rope is impressive with top quality steel with a PVC sleeve that enhances its durability. The aluminum handles are also covered with a comfortable grip. Overall, the price of the product is reasonable for such quality.
- The ball-bearing system included with extra long handles
- Offers utmost 320 jumps per minute
- Lightweight and durable with aluminum handles
- Foam grip included on the handle for user comfort
- Comes with premium carrying case
- The rope is fully adjustable
- The jump rope is way too light
Think Before Buying A Jump Rope for Cardio
There are many types of jump ropes available in the market. That’s why some people find choosing the best one a little bit confusing. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a jump rope for cardio.
The proper size of a jump rope is essential because the wrong size can cause problems during a jump rope activity.
If you’re purchasing a jump rope for a large group of people or a growing child, it can be tricky to decide the size of the rope. In that case, we suggest you look for a jump rope that you can adjust to multiple lengths. But, not all jump ropes are adjustable, so before making a purchase, it is crucial to recheck the measurements.
So, now the question arises that how do you figure out what size jump rope to get? Because the exact length of rope needed for a jump rope varies from person to person. Actually, it depends on the person’s height and age. And it also necessary that the handles reach one’s underarms when he or she stands in the center of the rope. Use the table below to discover which jump rope is best for you.
|6’||Up to 4’5″|
|7’||Up to 4’10”|
|8’||4’10” – 5’5″|
|9’||5’5″ – 6′ or group jumping|
|10’||Over 6′ or group jumping|
|16’ or longer||16′ or longer Group jumping|
You can choose between 3- types of jump ropes. They are-
- Basic: A basic jump rope with a thicker cable is ideal for beginners, and it is easier to hold. Its improved grip offers better control and makes the exercise easier to learn.
- Weighted: A weighted jump rope is heavier than a traditional jump rope and generally built for experienced jump ropers or to increase strength.
- Speed: A speed jump rope is an excellent tool for those who want to jump a lot and at a fast pace.
A jump rope can be composed of various materials. Leather, nylon, plastic, PVC, and steel cables are the common materials for jump ropes.
Jump Rope for Cardio FAQs
Is 20 Minutes of Jump-Rope Workout Good for Health?
Longer jump rope sessions are excellent for building aerobic fitness. That said, 20-minutes of jump rope workout can surely help you stay active and fit. The best fact regarding 20-minutes of jump rope session is that it lets you burn a decent amount of calories. But the problem is it puts more stress on your legs when you do the workout.
Is It Right to Jump Rope Every Day?
Yes, it is ok to jump rope every day, if you do it moderately. That means you need to jump rope for a limited period and should go at a fixed pace. By doing so, you can burn calories and build muscles over time.
Running Vs. Jump Rope, Which is Better?
According to the research, jumping rope is better than running. While jumping rope, you engage more muscles than swimming or running. As a result, you burn more calories per minute. Although jumping rope is a low-impact workout, it is beneficial for your full body.
Is Jump Rope Ideal for Weight Loss?
One study shows that jumping rope can help you lose ten calories a minute. But only rope exercise can’t help you reach your goal. You should follow a proper diet plan besides doing the workout.
What Are the Benefits of Skipping Rope?
Jumping rope can help you build strength and increase overall muscle tone. If you spend half an hour jumping rope regularly, your arms, legs, deltoids, hamstrings, and quadriceps muscles will be developed.
For How Long Should I Jump Rope?
To get the best fitness result, you need to aim to jump rope at least half an hour. But you need to do it five days a week and should follow moderate intensity. If you want to tone your body and lose weight, you may increase the workout intensity.
You already read all the reviews of jump ropes; I am sure you know which one is perfect for you. Still, there are some facts that you need to understand before making the deal. Such as:
You have to consider the handle design, grip, and durability carefully. While jumping with a rope, a soft and comfortable grip is essential to stay away from fatigue. Cords and cables will wear out over time no matter how well made. But the handle should be something long-lasting.
Again, you should also consider the rope length. Most of the ropes come at a default length. The rope you are purchasing should be resizable for your needs. Lastly, you should consider the quality of the cable very seriously.
After considering all of the factors, check the above products, and look at which one meets all the requirements. The one that fulfills all your demands is the best jump rope for cardio, in your opinion. In this way, you can choose the right rope for cardio.
You May Also Like to Read
- The Best Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
- The Best Fitbit Fitness Tracker
- The Best Garmin Fitness Tracker
- The Best Inversion Table for Back Pain
- The Best Kettlebells
- The Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes
- The Best Punching Bag for Home