Last Updated on by
There is no alternative to fit and fine health. At this age of time where most of the people are leading a sedentary lifestyle and gaining weight, fitness takes a backseat for most of them, intentionally or unintentionally. But health is precious and it needs to be well maintained. Nowadays, people can be seen as gymming and exercising to keep fitness or for weight loss.
Those who have health issues are obligated to do regular exercise. But those who aren’t doing any of this are committing a grave mistake by giving up using ‘busy life and no time left’ as an excuse. There are few exercising tools that take very little time, preparation, schedule, and space but ensure proper health.
One of them is a home exercise bike. It takes a little space at the corner of the house, no hassle of going outside or going to a gym. A regular, few minutes exercising on the home bike can bring a huge difference to the health.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Home Exercise Bike
- Reviews of the Best Home Exercise Bike
- 1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- 2. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- 3. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 4. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 5. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
- 6. DeskCycleUnder Desk Exercise Bike
- 7. Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike
- 8. Marcy Upright Exercise Bike
- 9. FitDesk Desk Exercise Bike
- 10. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
- Home Exercise Bike FAQs
- Can I Burn Belly Fat With the Help of an Exercise Bike?
- Do Home Exercise Bikes Worth Buying?
- Treadmill or Exercise Bike, Which is the Best?
- What Should I Inspect While Selecting an Exercise Bike?
- Is 20-minutes of Riding Exercise Bike Enough?
- Can I Tone My Legs Riding an Exercise Bike?
- What Alternatives Are There to the Classic Exercise Bike?
- Exercise Bike VS Cross-trainer, Which is Ideal?
- Which is Suitable Between an Exercise Bike and a Rowing Machine for Training Endurance?
- Where Can I Buy an Exercise Bike?
- Do I Really Need to Purchase an Exercise Bike?
- How Much Does Exercise Bike Cost?
- How Heavy is a Home Exercise Bike?
- Is There Any Essential Bike Feature That Every Exercise Bike Should Have?
- Where Can I Buy Used Exercise Bikes?
- Are There Any Foldable Exercise Bikes?
- Final Words
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Home Exercise Bike
Reviews of the Best Home Exercise Bike
The best home exercise bike is that which ensures intense workout without even realizing the intensity. Continuing reading a book, playing games on the device, listening to music, working on a laptop while working out on the exercise bike saves a lot of time also.
So, those who tend to avoid exercise due to lack of time, such exercise bikes can be pretty handy for them. Comfortable seats, unique design, easy storage, occupying small space, easy transportation, display, sensors, etc. are the bonuses.
Ensuring high-level intensity along with smooth pedaling and quiet operation is the toughest to achieve. The exercise bike which has these features available has made its place in our best home exercise bike list. During our assessment, we gave importance to the different intensity levels, smooth pedaling, and quiet operation and compiled our list.
1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
It has a large cushioned seat which is very comfortable and versatile for users of any size. It is an upright exercise bike and perfect for straight-back exercises.
Its 8-level magnetic tension control system has different intensity levels for the workout, so it is ideal for beginners, also for those who are used to the intense workout.
The 3-piece crank system, flywheel, and V-belt drive ensure sturdy and durable pedals and smooth pedaling. It also includes the double drive transmission system to keep the rotation of different parts in sync.
It has a larger pedal design and the adjustable safety strap helps to avoid sudden foot slip during pedaling. Large and easy to read LCD display indicates heart rate, distance, calories burned, time, etc.
The hand pulse sensors monitor heart rate zone. It requires some assembly but assembling it is very simple. The transportation wheels make it easy to move. This foldable exercising bike comes with it a limited 1-year warranty.
- The heavy-duty designed bike has 300 pounds weight capacity and the large seat fits anywhere from 5 feet 3 inch to 6 feet 1-inch person easily
- 8 level Magnetic Tension Control System customize different levels from easy to vigorous workout
- Its 3-piece crank system provides proper torque and smooth pedaling
- It has a large LCD display and hand pulse sensors for monitoring heart rate
- It becomes half of its fully-assembled size when folded, therefore, very easy to store
- It has no backrest
2. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
It supports 300 pounds weight and can easily fit 5’2″ to 6’2″ height thus versatile for every body type. It is a powerful extra-large recumbent bike yet has a space saving design.
The different level of tension levels can be adjusted a tension knob and has 8 different tension levels from easy to difficult mode. Its 3-piece crank system ensures smooth and consistent pedaling.
Its precision-balanced flywheel and V-belt double-drive transmission system ensure quiet operation. It helps the user to continue doing any work or enjoy music or TV without interruption during exercise.
It has an easy-to-read LCD display and hand pulse sensors on the handle-bars to maintain heart rate zone. It is easily foldable and becomes half of its size when folded, therefore, easy to store. It is covered by a 1-year lifetime warranty.
- Its semi-recumbent design allows lying down almost horizontally on the back using the backrest
- Large seat fits a variety of users; the backrest is as comfortable as the seat
- The 8-level magnetic tension system helps to adjust the tension level to different degrees
- A high-quality product which has a 3-piece crank system for smooth and consistent pedaling
- It is foldable thus easy to store: has easy to read LCD display and hand pulse sensors
- Might wobble a little, if not kept on an even floor
3. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
It assures comfort on the knees and back. Its 14 gauge steel tubing makes it thick and durable. It has a powder coated finish. It has a compact design, therefore, needs little space to store.
It has an 8-level magnetic resistance mechanism and a tension knob to customize the workout intensity depending on the fitness level.
It has an ultra-functional LCD screen which works similar to an odometer and its sharp display panel is very easy to read. The saddle and backrest both are made of high-density foam and has a user-friendly structure.
The pedals are weighted, thus, ensure maximum foot support and provides excellent control by neutralizing all the opposite effects. Pedals also have adjustable straps to fit all feet size. It has a manufacture’s 2-years warranty.
- Step-Through design makes mounting and dismounting on the exercise bike easy and convenient
- With 8 levels of resistance, the magnetic resistance mechanism helps to control the tension levels during the workout
- The saddle resembles a foamed chair which has a proper backrest and arms for support
- The ultra-functional computer screen has a sharp panel display which shows speed, calories burnt and other information in extra-large font
- Weighted pedals ensure proper leg support and balance; the foot straps are adjustable
- The highest resistance level could have been stronger
4. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Its heavy-duty crank system ensures smooth and consistent pedaling. The main body structure comes pre-assembled and only needs to assemble the pedals, seat and other components.
The seat is comfortable, leather padded and can be adjusted in 4 different way, that is up, down, back and forth, making it versatile for any body type user. All the Sunny exercise bikes have a multiple grip handlebar.
It has an overhand grip, hook grip, extension grip and time trial grip. The handlebar is well-padded and anti-slip. It has a caged pedal style for perfect grip and avoids sudden foot slipping. It is also easy to move because of the transport wheels. The frame comes with a three years warranty.
- It has a heavy flywheel; the more the flywheel is heavy on an exercise bike, the more it provides a smooth ride even in high-intensity workout
- Has a heavy-duty crank system and smooth chain drive mechanism
- The resistance levels can be controlled through just a twist on the tension knob; it also has a handle brake to stop or slow down the flywheel
- Its comfortable and adjustable multi-grip handlebar is durable and has grips for different purposes
- The seat is leather well-padded and comfortable, can be adjusted up, down, back and forth
- No display screen
5. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
It provides a comfortable mounting-dismounting facility through step-thru design and as it is a recumbent bike with a well-cushioned backrest, therefore, appropriate for exercises on lying flat on the back.
This type of bike reduces stress in joints and back so perfect for those who suffer from back and joint pain. Its oversized seat easily fits user anywhere from 5.3 inches to 6.6 inches height and maximum 300 pounds weight.
Its magnetic tension control system has 8 levels from easy to difficult levels. It has an LCD computer screen and hand pulse sensors on the handlebar.
‘Smooth torque’ Cranking system provides smooth pedaling and pedals are large and have adjustable straps. Balanced flywheel and V-belt drive ensure quiet operation making it easy to enjoy music or TV shows while working out. A one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty comes with it.
- This ‘step thru’ designed recumbent exercise bike has an oversized adjustable cushioned seat with a well-cushioned backrest as well
- The precision flywheel and V-belt drive provides smooth, noise-free performance
- Its 8-level magnetic Tension System allows users to adjust the tension level from easier to more difficult level
- LCD computer provides easy-to-read display and hand pulse sensors help to maintain heart rate
- Smooth torque cranking system allows effortless pedaling and the pedals have adjustable straps
- Need to work on the position, size, and shape of the handlebars
6. DeskCycleUnder Desk Exercise Bike
This best home exercise bike is an under desk exercise bike. Lookswise, it is very different from other exercise bikes mentioned in our list. It can be put under the desk and working and working out can be done simultaneously.
The pedal height is so low that it fits under a desk as low as 27 inches. Its resistance mechanism is similar to the popular Magnetrainer exercise bike.
The magnetic resistance and precision flywheel ensure zero interruption during work or recreation due to its whisper-quiet feature.
This feature provides noise-free domain and makes the pedaling an unconscious smooth activity, so the user can continue working during the intense workout without even realizing.
The workout can be too intense as its resistant rage is double compared to other pedal exercisers available in the market.
It has a full day display which counts up to 16 hours and the display stand can be put anywhere on the desk. It has large pedals with adjustable Velcro straps. It is covered by a one year warranty on all parts.
- One of its own kind under desk pedal exerciser which conveniently assembles under a low height desk
- Has 8 calibrated settings; the resistant range is double compared to other pedal exercisers
- The high-inertia flywheel allows smooth, noise-free pedal motion and it ensures quiet whisper operation
- Similar usage of magnetic resistance mechanism and high-quality components as Magnetrainer
- Provides an online calorie calculator on their website for checking the calorie burned during workout
- Not comfortable with a rolling chair, fixed leg chairs should be used
7. Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike
Its weight capacity is 250 pounds maximum. It has a stable steel frame which resembles alphabet ‘H,’ and this particular ‘H’ frame design ensures stability and peace of mind.
It has a tension knob to control and adjust the resistant levels. It has a unique fan wheel which emits cool breeze during pedaling which helps the user to remain cool even during difficult tension level.
The seat is very comfortable and updated cushion has been used for better comfort. Its digital display monitors heart rate, calories burned, time distance and is easy to read.
The pedals come with adjustable straps which prevent sudden foot slip. It gives a one-year warranty for the frames and 90-days warranty for all parts.
- Made of heavy duty steel and has an ‘H’ frame design which ensures balance, stability, and tranquility
- Resistant levels and workout intensity can be controlled from easy to difficult levels with the tension knob
- High Momentum Fan Wheel System releases gentle breeze which helps to keep the user cool during an intense workout
- Adjustable well-cushioned seat and pedals have adjustable straps to fit any size of shoes
- It has dual-action extended handlebars helps both upper and lower body movements during the workout
- Perfect for petite and average user heights but tall people might feel uncomfortable to fit in
8. Marcy Upright Exercise Bike
It has anti-shake feet which ensures stability. For an upright exercise bike, handlebars play an essential part for upper and lower body workout. This exercise bike has contoured handlebars which are covered by comfortable foam.
It has 8 preset resistance levels which make it versatile and perfect for users of different skills. The high-density foamed seat has 10 adjustment levels which can be controlled with easy spring loaded adjust pin and fitted any user height. The pedals with adjustable foot straps are slip resistant.
It has a state-of-the-art easy to read LCD screen which works like an odometer and ensures accurate monitoring of calories burned and other required information. It has easy move transport wheels for easy transportation.
- It is made of high-quality rubber, PVC, and 14 gauge steel tubing and has a powder coat finish
- The seat is constructed with high-density foam and 10 adjustment levels which makes it versatile for any user height
- Its magnetic resistance system with 8 preset difficulty levels controlled by a tension knob
- The pedals have adjustable straps, are weighted and counterbalanced
- The ultra-functional LCD display has high visibility
- Though has a compact design but not foldable
9. FitDesk Desk Exercise Bike
The desk with non-slip surface features a built-in tablet holder, storage tray and massage rollers for forearms. The attached desk surface is pretty large and is 16″- 19″.
Its twin belt high-velocity flywheel ensures consistent pedaling and quiet operation. Quiet operation is very important as it is specially designed for exercising while finishing other essential works.
It has resistant bands for upper body workout when hands are free. It has a comfortable beach cruiser seat which has a 4-inch extender to fit anywhere from 4’10” to 6’6″ user height.
The seat and its backrest along with the help of forearms massage bars eliminate strain due to regular typing on the device. Digital resistance meter tracks and displays an accurate result of calorie burned and mileage.
- Unique, one of a kind home exercise bike which comes with an attached desk which features non-slip surface, tablet holder, storage tray and forearm massage rollers
- It’s twin belt high-velocity wheel flywheel ensures consistent pedaling without making any noise even during high-intensity resistance mode
- Adjustable seat and backrest includes 4-inch seat extender
- The 8 calibrated resistance setting can be controlled with one twist of the frame mounted control knob
- It provides resistance hand bands for upper body workout when hands are free
- The seat can be more comfortable
10. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
The chromed flywheel ensures a smooth ride and silent operation and its unique, intense resistance levels give real road bike ride feeling. The resistance can be controlled with the micro-adjustable tension knob.
It also has a top press down brake which helps to slow down or stop the flywheel. The handlebar is versatile and can be held from different sides to fulfill different purposes during pedaling.
It has a front grip, hook grip, extension grip and also a time trailing grip. It also comes with an easy to reach water holder. It has a 4-way adjustable seat, and the handles are also flexible depending on user height.
The frame comes with a three-year limited warranty and all other components subjects to a 90 days limited warranty. The pedals have toe cage design to fit any feet size and make it anti-slip.
- 49lb heavy-duty chromed flywheel, steel frame, and free belt drive system ensures stability, durability, smooth pedaling, and quiet operation
- High-resistant system gives a real road feeling due to its high resistant levels
- The padded seat can be adjusted horizontally or vertically; adjustable handlebars can be moved up and down accordingly to the user’s height
- It has a convenient water bottle holder for easy access during the interval of the workout
- Pedals are built with toe cages for proper hold and it can be transported from one room to another quite easily
- Doesn’t come with a display stand or a display screen
Home Exercise Bike FAQs
Can I Burn Belly Fat With the Help of an Exercise Bike?
You can burn belly fat by riding an exercise bike. But you need to consider that riding an exercise bike can’t solely help you reduce stomach fat unless you follow a proper diet. It will be challenging for anyone to burn fat without following diets accurately.
Do Home Exercise Bikes Worth Buying?
An exercise bike is an ideal option for burning body fats. It doesn’t only help exerciser burn calories, but it also strengthens the user’s heart, lungs, and other essential muscles. Another benefit the exercise bike provides is that it put less stress on the user’s joints. So, considering all these facts, an home exercise bike is surely worth purchasing.
Treadmill or Exercise Bike, Which is the Best?
The primary question, here again, is which type of movement suits you better. Cycling or running? Both are suitable for well-controlled endurance training. You can use both fitness machines to lower your blood pressure, improve your endurance, and strengthen your muscles.
However, the exercise bike put less stress on the joints than the treadmill. Your body is stressed a lot more with the treadmill than with the exercise bike. Thus, the risk of suffering a sports injury is undoubtedly more likely when using the treadmill.
You do always have the risk of injuring yourself with a small misstep with the treadmill. But that doesn’t mean that you should stop using these fitness machines. If you suffer from balance issues, the exercise bike is the better option for you. On the contrary, you will burn more calories on the treadmill than on the exercise bike, as several studies have shown. However, you only burn calories when you move, so you should also choose the device that you are sure you will use and that you can have fun on too.
In terms of space and price, the exercise bike is the better option here. The exercise bike can be set up in a more space-saving manner, costs less on average, and has less weight. You should include these criteria in your decision.
What Should I Inspect While Selecting an Exercise Bike?
First, you need to look at whether your home exercise bike comes with a clear display or not. Then you need to check other essential features such as heart rate monitor, workout programs, resistance levels, safety features, etc. After inspecting these vital functions, you should choose your desired exercise bike.
Is 20-minutes of Riding Exercise Bike Enough?
You may feel exhausting if you go for 20 minutes of intense riding. But if you tend to carry this routine out regularly, you will be very fit. And it will be more than two hours per week of an intense workout.
Can I Tone My Legs Riding an Exercise Bike?
As you know, exercise bike helps you burn calories. When you burn calories, you lose fats from all around your body. That said, you lose fat from your legs too. That means you start to tone your leg muscles by pedaling.
What Alternatives Are There to the Classic Exercise Bike?
As you may know, there is other fitness equipment for at home in addition to the exercise bike. The common problem is that many don’t even know what fitness equipment is out there today. Thus, experts recommend fitness enthusiasts to learn about several impressive devices.
Based on your preference, sometimes, you will find the other device better than the exercise bike. No matter whether you are a professional fitness trainer or a novice, you should always opt for the right fitness equipment. Anyway, you may get the following fitness equipment for your training at home:
- Cross trainer/elliptical trainer
- Rowing machine
The following three questions describe the similarities and differences between these devices. After reading these questions, you can easily differentiate these fitness machines.
Exercise Bike VS Cross-trainer, Which is Ideal?
Depending on which movement pattern you prefer or which parts of your body you want to train, a cross trainer or an exercise bike is more suitable for you. Both machines can help you with your comprehensive training for your cardiovascular system and your endurance. Both devices are easy on the joints and are equally recommended for healthy people.
However, if you already have joint or hip problems, the exercise bike is more suitable. Since you train sitting here, you can relieve the joints even better. On the contrary, training with the cross trainer is a bit more demanding because the whole body is moved and thus trained. You can train your upper body and arms, while you only use the lower part of your body with the exercise bike.
If you are a bit tensed about what you can do to burn more calories, the answer is you should try to use the cross-trainer. On average, you burn around 15% more calories than with an exercise bike. It is because the whole body is stressed on the elliptical trainer. Anyway, calorie-burning depends on the intensity of the exercise. So, considering that both machines are ideal.
Ultimately, the space required and the price of the devices also play an essential role. You need less space for the exercise bike, and it is also cheaper than the cross-trainer. If these two facts are crucial to you, you should consider them when buying.
Which is Suitable Between an Exercise Bike and a Rowing Machine for Training Endurance?
The rowing machine, like the exercise bike, is an excellent device for training endurance. Both exercise machines put less stress on the joints. The rowing machine trains a large part of the body muscles compared to the exercise bike.
With the rowing machine, you can train the upper body, arms, trunk, and legs. The core muscles are stressed far more than with an exercise bike. Also, you can specifically train the muscles of the upper arms by rowing frequently.
You can burn a little more calories on the rowing machine, as almost the whole body is trained here again. However, with the rowing machine, you have to say that it is challenging to learn the correct movements. As a novice, you should seek help at the beginning. The correct sequence of workouts is not as easy as you may assume.
Where Can I Buy an Exercise Bike?
For example, you can pick an exercise bike from a specialist retailer or a sports store. Also, you can purchase directly from the manufacturer. Nowadays, many of these fitness machines are purchased on the Internet, as the best prices are often offered online.
Do I Really Need to Purchase an Exercise Bike?
In principle, it only makes sense to buy an exercise bike if you really want to train on it. If you are determined and want to train your endurance or your cardiovascular system, then an exercise bike is certainly a good option for you.
How Much Does Exercise Bike Cost?
Exercise bikes are available in many different price ranges, from cheap entry-level equipment to professional exercise bikes with all functions. In principle, we find that the prices are quite reasonable if you train with them often and make full use of the equipment.
Cheap exercise bikes tend to come under 100 dollars. If you prefer to spend little money on an entry-level model, that’s quite understandable. However, you cannot expect any extras for this. You also have to accept that something will break because it is often the case with cheap products.
On the contrary, you will get many good-quality exercise bikes in the medium-priced range, and they will enable you to train comfortably. Then there are, of course, the top fitness bikes, which can cost over 1000 dollars. These devices are equipped with all the extras and are also suitable for targeted training and rehabilitation facilities.
In a nutshell, you can say that you can spend 100 to several thousand dollars on an exercise bike if you want. However, for 400 – 500 dollars, you will get great devices that will probably be more than meet your requirements.
How Heavy is a Home Exercise Bike?
Every home exercise bike has a different weight. It, of course, depends on the material, the flywheel, and several other factors. However, the weight should be the least likely to fail when purchasing. You can go for either light devices with 10 kilograms or heavier machines with 50 kilograms.
Is There Any Essential Bike Feature That Every Exercise Bike Should Have?
No, there is no standard equipment that every fitness trainer should feature. When buying, you have to decide which functions are essential to you and then choose your device according to which.
Where Can I Buy Used Exercise Bikes?
You can usually get used exercise bikes on the Internet. Specialty retailers typically don’t sell used fitness equipment. So you have to look at websites where people offer their used devices.
Here you should be careful not to buy broken or faulty fitness equipment. There is no longer 100% certainty that the device will work correctly. It would be best to check it out for yourself and try it out before buying it.
Are There Any Foldable Exercise Bikes?
Of course, there are foldable exercise bikes for home. The benefit of this is that you can stow it away to save space after training, while that is impossible with other devices. For people with little space, this device is a real alternative.
The foldable exercise bikes are usually relatively cheap and very light and simple in their construction. For this reason, the device seems less stable. These devices are okay to start with, but you should better use a more stable device if you want to train for a more extended period.
Physical exercise is essential and needs to be done on a daily basis. A good exercise bike helps to continue physical exercise daily and reach the targeted fitness goals.
In our list, we have compiled home exercise bikes that are pretty different from each other but provides all the must-have features with some extra ones at a reasonable price. We tried our best to make our list rich with all the vital exercise bike related information.
Hopefully, this will help you to set your own fitness goals and make you understand your requirements from an exercise bike. We hope you will be able to buy the best home exercise bike at a reasonable price and reach your fitness target soon.
You May Also Like to Read
- Best Elliptical For Home
- Best Spin Bikes for Home
- Best Upright Exercise Bike
- Best Exercise Bike Under 500
- Best Exercise Bike Under 300
- Best Recumbent Exercise Bike