Last Updated on by
Heart rate monitor is one of the essential devices for athletes, runners, or fitness buffs. At present most of the wearable fitness tech comes with a built-in heart rate monitor; unfortunately, not all of them offer accurate reading all the time.
Hence it is vital to purchase the best exercise heart rate monitor that is just made for collecting and providing heart rate consistently and accurately. In the market, you will see a wide variety of heart rate monitor devices.
Some of them only show the heart rate while others track fitness status, sleep cycle, and so on. It is quite complicated to purchase the right heart rate monitor from the market. Wondering why is that?
Well, it is because humongous options can easily mislead; as a result, you might end up with a piece of crap. To provide you the right fitness guideline, we are here with the reviews of top exercise heart rate monitors. Let’s begin:
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
- Reviews of The Best Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
- 1. Fitbit Versa SmartWatch
- 2. Fitbit Alta HR
- 3. Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
- 4. Letsfit Fitness Tracker HR, Activity Tracker Watch
- 5. Garmin Forerunner 235, GPS Running Watch
- 6. Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker
- 7. Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
- 8. Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor
- 9. Polar Ft1 Heart Rate Monitor
- 10. Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor
- Exercise Heart Rate Monitor FAQs
- Final Words
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
10. Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor
Reviews of The Best Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
After researching thousands of products from the market, we have learned all the strengths and weaknesses and determine which products are worth mentioning here.
Finally, we’ve got ten of the most effective heart rate monitors of the present time. Based on built quality, performance, and price, all of the products are fantastic. Anyone can have your best partner in fitness training and sports. Let’s have a close look at the reviews of the best exercise heart rate monitor.
1. Fitbit Versa SmartWatch
Fitbit Versa SmartWatch is on top of our reviews due for many reasons. At present, it is considered as the hot cake of the market based on the appearance, features, and price. A Fitness Buff surely will love the watch.
The watch is slim, sleek, and lightweight. So, you can wear them 24/7 without any discomfort. The Fitbit Versa Smart Watch tracks heart rate almost accurately all day long. Also, the device can track sleep stages too.
If you need a better understanding of your sleeping, the watch is worth considering. Also, it offers fifteen plus exercise modes for more convenience. You can read and check call, text, calendar, and all the other notifications of the paired mobile phone.
You can be able to respond, as well. On the memory, you can download and play more than 300 hundred songs. The appearance is pretty cool, and the device is available in different colors. Pick your favorite color before the stock expires.
- Can store and play more than 300 songs
- Accurate heart rate reading
- Reads fitness status
- Store and track sleep cycle
- Can get call, text, calendar and all the other notifications
- Able to respond Water-resistant to 50 meters
- Has female health tracking ability included
- Built quality is no that strong thus using it with accident protection is recommended
- Bluetooth is not a good
2. Fitbit Alta HR
The Fitbit Alta HR is here to provide the accurate heart rate reading all day long with its advanced software and powerful features. Not only heart rates the device but also can track calorie burn, gauge workout intensity, and provides a status of your overall health condition.
The display is clear and bright; you check the result comfortably, even in sunlight. On the device, you will get all the notification of the paired mobile phone, including call, text, calendar, and so on.
You don’t have to miss anything even if you are on the go. Also, this smart device reminds and encourages users to stay active and move. The Fitbit Alta HR is attractive, sleek, and lightweight. The adjustable strap comfortably fits on most wrists from 6.7 inches to 8.1 inches.
The exercise heart rate monitor supports both iOS and Android devices. On the device, you can set goals and track progress while competing with your friends. It is perfect in every possible way. The price is reasonable, and the design is attractive too.
- Fits comfortably on most wrists from 6.7 inches to 8.1 inches
- Comes with adjustable strap
- Compatible with both Android and iOS
- Clear, bright OLED tap display
- Provides perfect heart rate reading
- Sends reminders to move
- SmartTrack technology included
- Sleep count is not entirely accurate
3. Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor is the third entry on this list today. With all the essential features and excellent built quality, this one will surely please you in the long run. The Heart Rate Monitor is built to last with top quality materials.
It is a chest-strap style heart rate monitor that aims to provide accurate heart rate reading all the time. The heart rate monitor offers full watch functions and Polar WearLink with a transmitter.
The device has Energy Pointer included that tells the users about the effect of the training. I mean, you can understand whether you are doing fat burning training or fitness improvement.
The device will also let you know how many calories you’ve burned correctly. You can also create a perfect balance between rest and training if you use this device. The price of the heart rate monitor is not prohibitive. If you need to know an accurate heart rate only, this is the choice you need to make right away.
- Full watch functions available
- Features Polar WearLink and Transmitter
- Tells about the type of your exercise
- Also helps to balance between rest and training
- Can transfer data to PC and Mac devices
- Compared to higher-tech models display is a bit basic
- Can’t see the time and heart rate at the same time
4. Letsfit Fitness Tracker HR, Activity Tracker Watch
First of all, the sleek modern design is pretty attractive. The watch comes to heart rate monitor will look gorgeous with any clothing. The built quality is excellent. It will surely last many years, even if you are a heavy user.
Furthermore, the device tracks up to fourteen exercises and let you read the exercise data report in the app. You can connect it to your phone so that you can see real-time run stats. Also, it monitors heart rate and quality of your sleep precisely.
The built-in USB plug is the main attraction of this heart rate monitor. You don’t have to carry a cable for charging instead insert the built-in USB plug into a charge. The product is reasonable for all those features. Give it a try, and you will not be disappointed.
- Able to tracks up to 14 exercises
- Excellent heart rate monitoring and sleep cycle reading
- Easy to charge with a smart charging system
- Attractive design
- Incredible built quality
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- HR Monitoring is not accurate
5. Garmin Forerunner 235, GPS Running Watch
The Garmin Forerunner 235 comes with the solution for most smart folks out there with its incredible design. The stainless steel body and silicone strap make it better than many other options in the market. And so, many fitness lovers have rated it as the best exercise heart rate monitor.
You will get a wrist-based heart rate sensor that offers excellent heart rate reading every time. Also, it tracks distance, speed, time, heart rate, and many more. You can monitor step, distance calories burned, and sleep timing as well.
The device also able to read notifications of the mobile device that is connected with it. The screen is large and easily readable, even in the sunlight. The battery is powerful and lasts 12 weeks in watch mode.
The memory can keep data up to 200 hours. Overall, the budget-friendly Garmin Forerunner 235 can be the choice of your dream. Don’t miss it! Hit the purchase button before the stock expires.
- Excellent built quality
- Stylish design
- Larger and readable screen included
- Ensures Tracking accuracy
- Provides notifications of the paired mobile phone
- A bit brighter display could be better
6. Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker
When the name is Fitbit, I don’t think further explanation is needed. It is a trusted name in the Smartwatch and fitness industry. Quality is their final statement, and they always satisfy their consumers with class.
No exception with this Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker. The device is, by far, one of the best in the market based on built quality, performance, design, and price.
It offers accurate measurements of calorie burn, heart rate, sleep cycle, and other fitness activities. The device also provides fifteen plus exercise modes tracking ability so that you can do whatever you want.
The Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker is swim-proof and water-resistant to 50 meters. That means you can swim and wear it in the shower without any problem. You will get all the notifications while connected to your mobile device. The design is fantastic, and the price is acceptable for such quality.
- Compact and sleek design
- Easily syncs to the app on the device
- Counts steep perfectly
- Also monitors Sleep patterns and provide precise result
- Offers accurate heart rate reading
- Swim proof and water-resistant to 50 meter
- Shows notification
- The heart rate monitor is not entirely exact in several conditions
7. Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
Garmin is another trusted name in this industry. They are making and selling quality Heart Rate Monitors and Smartwatches for many years. The Garmin Heart Rate Monitor is one of their best for many reasons.
First of all, the built quality and design of the product is fantastic. It is built to last for many years and serve you better without any issues. The soft strap feels comfortable and will not break after a few months, which are guaranteed.
The battery is simple to charge and offers decent runtime. The heart rate strap on the device is simple and effective. It provides excellent reading all the time.
Overall, the device is reliable for the price. You will defiantly enjoy and relay on the performance of the heart rate monitor. If you only need accurate heart rate reading, this is the product you should consider right away.
- Excellent construction with top quality materials
- Offers accurate heart rate reading
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Easy to charge the battery
- Offers decent runtime
- The heart rate rating is not valid
8. Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor
The Wahoo TICKER Heart Rate Monitor is the complete product loaded with all the necessary features a heart rate monitor requires to become the best in the market. The built quality of the device is excellent with top quality materials.
The Wahoo TICKER can monitor real-time heart rate, and it provides accurate reading almost every time. You can track training zones and calories burned and get the result on the paired device.
The strap is comfortable and lightweight. You can wear the strap all day long without having any discomfort. The connectivity system is excellent as well, with 4.0 Bluetooth and powerful GPS. In short, this product is worth buying.
- Monitors real-time heart rate
- Tracks training zones and calories burned and show the result on the paired device
- Excellent HR Monitor of Team Sky included
- Powerful GPS and Bluetooth 4.0 included
- Attractive design
- Superior built quality
- Seems difficult to wear in the beginning
9. Polar Ft1 Heart Rate Monitor
The Polar Ft1 Heart Rate Monitor is the epitome of excellence. It is made to last and serves the users many years while providing accurate reading every time. The device is made of premium quality materials. It looks pretty attractive too.
The Heart Rate Monitor shows an accurate reading on a large, easy-to-read display. You can even read the result on direct sunlight. You will get help to improve your fitness with manual heart rate target zone.
The device keeps the record of the last workout session so that you can check what you’ve performed and how much you’ve gained on your previous exercise. The Polar Ft1 is easy to start with a simple button. The price is reasonable too. I am sure you will love to have it on your every training session.
- Features Easy to read display
- Shower accurate heart rate
- Helps to improve fitness
- Shows summary of last workout session
- Easy to use
- Solid built quality
- Not much reliable as it drops connection sometimes
10. Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor
Last but not least, let me present the Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor in front of you, considered as one of the best value products of the current time. The Polar H10 is made of the highest quality materials, and it will surely support you for many years.
The device has built-in storage available where you can store one heart rate training session. The Heart Rate Monitor runs better with both iOS and Android devices, and it is compatible with GoPro Hero 5. The battery life is excellent, as well.
The strap fits chests from 22 to 34 inches. It features a revised strap design for ultimate comfort. In summary, you will love to have it in your next training session. Don’t miss it!
- Store last heart rate training session
- Perfect for sports and activities where wrist style seems complicated to use
- Compatible with GoPro device
- Offers excellent runtime with a good quality battery
- Fits chests measuring 22 to 34 inches
- Comfortable to use
- Compatible with iOS mobile devices and Android
- Doesn’t work in water
Exercise Heart Rate Monitor FAQs
Are Exercise Heart Rate Monitors Worth the Money?
An exercise heart rate monitor is an essential tool for fitness enthusiasts. It allows them to track heart rates and makes them aware of the current heart condition. Not only that, but some heart rate monitors also offer exercisers to monitor their workout metrics. So, it is clear that the heart rate monitors worth the money.
Should I Wear a Heart Rate Monitor All Day?
In essence, there is no wrong wearing the heart rate monitor all day. But the problem is that you may feel uncomfortable after finishing your workout. Thus, if you can tolerate the inconvenience, you can wear it for as long as possible.
What Should I Follow if I Have a High Pulse Rate?
You need to follow several steps to reduce sudden changes in heart rate. Below we will cover some crucial ways that will be helpful when in need.
- You can follow deep breathing methods like box breathing.
- You should relax and try to remain calm.
- You can go for a walk.
- You can have a warm bath.
- You can do stretching exercises like yoga.
When Should I Use an Exercise Heart Rate Monitor?
Of course, you should use a heart rate monitor can during exercise. It is because it will help you do the workout at the right intensity. If you look at professional exercisers or athletes, you will find that most of them wear heart rate monitors as a strap across the chest, on the wrist, and even on the head. So, it determines the importance of an exercise heart rate monitor.
What is the Ideal Pulse Rate?
The average heart rate for people aged over ten years is between 60 and 100 bpm. But some highly trained athletes have a lower heart rate of 50 or 40 bpm. That means it can vary within this normal range.
Heart rate monitors are available in two different styles, including chest straps and wristbands. Wristband styles show the result on a watch or app while wristbands display on their screen. With a chest band, constant contact with your skin is significant for accurate readings.
Chest band styles mostly provide heart rate readings only where wristbands offer many more, including duration, steps, and even sleep condition. If you want to know the heart rate, a chest band style device is fair enough. But if you need versatility, you should go for a wrist band.
Above, we mentioned all types of best exercise heart rate monitor so that you can find you desired one. While purchasing a heart rate monitor device, the most critical consideration should be connectivity. Thus, you need to check the connectivity system before making a deal. However, we hope that you find this article helpful and can get your desired fitness stuff.
You May Also Like to Read
- The Best Clip on Fitness Tracker Reviews
- The Best Ankle Weights Review
- The Best Crossfit Shoes Review for Women
- The Best Dip Bars Review
- The Best Fitbit Fitness Tracker Reviews
- The Best Garmin Fitness Tracker
- The Best Inversion Table for Back Pain
- The Best Jump Rope for Cardio