Last Updated on June 15, 2021
Best Elliptical Machine Under 500: Daily exercising is very important for good health. It is not only for losing weight, but an ideal weighted person also needs to do daily workouts to stay fit and active. It is good to see people around the world being aware of the importance of fitness. Besides, obese people are also trying their best and determined to lose weight at any cost to stay fit.
For many of them hiring a physical trainer or joining a gym isn’t an option for various valid reasons. For such people, there are way too many options available in the market in the form of exercise machines.
One such effective exercising machine is elliptical. Joining a gym or building a home gym is not necessary for weight loss or daily workouts. What needed is strong determination and one single equipment, it is more than enough to reach fitness goals.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Elliptical Machine Under 500
- Reviews of the Best Elliptical Machine Under 500
- 1. Schwinn 430 Elliptical
- 2. Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
- 3. Fitness Reality 2366 X-Class Elliptical Trainer
- 4. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
- 5. Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer
- 6. Fitness Reality Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
- 7. Marcy ME-704 Regenerating Magnetic Elliptical
- 8. Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical
- 9. ProForm 250i Elliptical
- 10. ANCHEER Elliptical Machine Trainer
- Think Before Buying A Elliptical Machine Under 500
- Elliptical Machine Under 500 FAQs
- What is the Best Elliptical Machine Under $500?
- Is $500 Enough for High-quality Elliptical?
- What Should Be Considered to Get the Best Elliptical Under $500?
- Why Buy an Elliptical Machine Under $500?
- Which Size of the Elliptical Machine Will Right for Me?
- Is Elliptical Better Than Walking?
- Does The Elliptical Make Your Thighs Bigger?
- Are Ellipticals Bad for Knees?
- How to Use an Elliptical Machine Correctly?
- How Beneficial Is an Elliptical Trainer for Weight Loss?
- Final Words
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Elliptical Machine Under 500
1. Schwinn 430 Elliptical at Amazon – “22 Preset Workout Programs, 20 Levels of Resistance, Dualtrack 2 LCD”
2. Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer at Amazon – “18 Inch Stride Length, 24 Level Magnetic Tension, Heart Rate Control”
3. Fitness Reality 2366 X-Class Elliptical Trainer – “20 Pre-set Workout Programs, 20-inch Stride Length, 24 Magnetic Resistance Levels”
4. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine at Amazon – “Perimeter Weighted Flywheel, Large LCD Console, Grip Sensors”
5. Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer at Amazon – “5-function LED Console, Integrated Transport Wheels, Eight Levels of Magnetic Resistance”
6. Fitness Reality Magnetic Elliptical Trainer at Amazon – “24 Levels of Magnetic Tension, Backlit LCD, Double Transmission System”
7. Marcy Me-704 Regenerating Magnetic Elliptical at Amazon – “24 Workout Programs, Self-regenerating Power, Non-slip Pedals”
8. Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical at Amazon – “Wheel Stoppers for Wheeled Chairs, Eight Levels of Resistance, Bluetooth Functionality”
9. Proform 250I Elliptical at Amazon – “17-inch Stride Length, 14 Workout Apps, Coolaire Workout Fan”
10. Ancheer Elliptical Machine Trainer at Amazon – “Pulse Rate Grips, Precision-balanced Flywheel, 330 Lbs Weight Limit”
Reviews of the Best Elliptical Machine Under 500
Ellipticals machines are perfect for a full-body workout and effective for weight loss. The main purpose of the best elliptical under 500 is intense full-body exercise without putting any pressure on body joints and avoiding impact injuries.
As we were discussing budget restrictions, exercising machines can be pricey. But that doesn’t at all mean there is no budget-friendly exercising equipment in the market. There are quite a few ellipticals machines which are under 500. They are reasonable and affordable in price but doesn’t compromise the quality of the product at all.
In our list of the best elliptical machine under 500, we have gathered information about some of the best affordable yet high-quality ellipticals. These elliptical machines work as good as the pricey ones.
1. Schwinn 430 Elliptical
It provides goal track capability for setting fitness goals. 22 preset workout programs include – some fun, interval, and mountain rides and challenges, a couple of custom programs to set own workout goals, also beginner and advanced levels of heart rate control and fitness test programs and lastly, a quick start.
It comes with a speed fan to keep the workout sessions cool. The USB charging port helps to maintain the full battery life of the devices.
In-sole speakers are available for listening to songs during the workout. It is easy to transport. The long stride and large footplates allow low impact workouts, taking care of the joints, knees, and ankles.
It comes with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year mechanical warranty, 1-year electrical warranty, and 90-day labor warranty.
- 22 preset workout programs with 20 resistance levels
- assemble a perfect cardio workout
- Ramp positions are manually adjustable
- 6 different inclines options for convenient incline walking
- 20″ fluid stride length, large, cushioned footplates for perfect foot replacement
- The dual track two displays offer convenient reading and easy visibility
- Has a USB charging port to charge smartphones, tablets or audio devices
- Creates harsh noise if not assembled properly
2. Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Double Transmission Drive. The double Transmission Drive system doubles the gear ratio and increases the momentum and provides smooth striding motion.
It also has a 3-piece cranking system for consistent and smooth pedaling. The magnetic resistance system can be controlled through the LCD console.
12 workout programs in addition to the 7 different modes ensure challenging workout sessions. The LCD computer has 4 profiles. The LCD console displays time, distance, rotation per minute, watts, heart rate with 4 different settings.
The dual-action handlebars allow full-body intense workout without pressuring the joints. The stationary handles have a pulse sensor to monitor heart rate. The larger footsteps prevent foot slippage during the workout.
It comes with a book or tablet holder with an adjustable latch for securing mobile devices and a water bottle holder. This best elliptical under $500 for home use includes transporting wheels for smooth and easy transportation. It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Double Transmission Drive System operates with 2 flywheels
- The 2-belt design ensures smooth striding motion
- 18″smooth stride length pedal with 3-piece cranking system
- Provides consistent operation and full-length workout
- 12 workout programs in 7 different modes
- 24-level magnetic resistance system provide variety in the workout
- LCD console tracks heart rate, watts, rotation per minute, etc
- Dual action handlebars and fixed arms with pulse sensors
- Bit squeaky
3. Fitness Reality 2366 X-Class Elliptical Trainer
Fitness Reality 2366 X-Class 710 features the heaviest flywheel. The smoothness and consistency of any exercising machines depend fully on the heaviness of its flywheel.
The heavier the flywheel, the machine provides smoother and more consistent pedaling and striding motion. It has 20 preset workout programs including 3 goal options such as distance, calories, and time each.
Adding the custom program for individual goal setting and other preset workout programs, it provides over 26 workout programs for challenging for making the workout activity full of variety and challenging.
Its 24 magnetic resistance levels make the workout challenging. Activated Acrylic Backlit LCD console displays heart rate, watts, speed, RPM, time, distance, etc.
The console also has dual speakers on it for listening to music. It also comes with a media tray for holding a book or tablet. It has a Bluetooth Smart technology-free MyFitQuest app which tracks the workout progress.
- Turbo momentum front belt drive system operates with a 44lb flywheel;
- The flywheel provides a much more smooth and consistent workout
- 24 level smooth magnetic resistance system from easy to intense levels
- Has 20 preset workout programs, 2 custom workout program, and 3 workout goal options
- 20″ stride length provides smooth and natural stride motion
- The Bluetooth Smart technology-free MyFitQuest app helps to plan and record workout statistics
- Little bit heavy
4. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
Another affordable elliptical which can be placed in our best elliptical machine under 500 is Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine. Schwinn A40 is the best elliptical under 500 has a high speed, high inertia flywheel which provides smooth and quiet operation.
The 7 preset workout programs and 8 resistance levels increase the difficulty of the workout and make the workout sessions interesting and fun yet impactful. The footplates are distinct. The handlebars have a comfortable grip. The user-friendly fixed arms have sensors for monitoring heart rate.
The LCD console has speakers and tracks rotation per minute (RPM), calories burned, heart rate, and more. Schwinn A40 comes with an easy-access water bottle holder to keep the user hydrated and a media tray for holding a book or tablet.
The transport wheels ensure easy movements and storage. The frame has 3 years warranty, mechanical parts and electronic components both have 1-year warranty each, and wear items and labor warranty is of 60 days each.
- The front positioned flywheel is perimeter weighted,
- The flywheel offers good momentum, sturdiness, durability, and stability
- 8 levels of the magnetic resistance system
- Resistance system can be controlled from easy to intense level depending on the skills
- Has 7 preset programs which include 6 workout programs and a quick start
- 17″stride length, large footsteps, and comfortable handlebars with sensors
- Schwinn A40 comes with an LCD console that tracks RPM, time, speed, distance, calories, etc
- Doesn’t have incline options
5. Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer
Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer is a sleek designed black and red elliptical combo machine. It is an apt high-quality strength and exercise machine. Its 8 level resistance system provides very easy to more difficult workout intensities.
The handlebars are properly cushioned and have a comfortable grip. They are synchronized and combines upper and lower body movements thus, perfect for full body workout. The fixed handlebars have pulse sensors to monitor heart rate.
The footplates are big and have small dots for preventing slippage during pedaling. The stride length is 12,” and stride motion is pretty consistent and smooth.
The LCD console has great visibility and very easy to read. It displays time, distance, calorie, speed, pulse, etc. The integrated transported wheels allow easy transportation. It is covered by a 5-year frame and motor warranty, 1-year warranty on all other components and 3 months warranty on labor.
- 8 levels of smooth magnetic resistance system provide variety in workout sessions
- 5 panel LCD console has great visibility and tracks time, speed, distance, calories burned, heart rate
- Synchronized well-padded arms combine upper and lower body movements
- Low impact cardio workout without stressing knees, ankles, and joints
- 12″ stride length footsteps, also have small footprints on the footsteps for a proper hold
- The stationary arms have electrodes to monitor the heart rate
- Not foldable
6. Fitness Reality Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
This system increases the momentum and provides smooth striding motion. The dual transmission system also helps to reduce the overall size of the elliptical and results in an ultra-compact design.
Its stride length is 18″. It also has a 3-piece cranking system that provides smooth and consistent pedaling. It has 24 levels smooth magnetic resistance system.
This best compact elliptical under $500 also has 21 preset workout programs and also includes 3 computer goal settings such as calories, distance, and time. It has dual action bars for full-body workout and has hand pulse sensors to monitor heart rate.
The backlit LCD console displays RPM, watts, calorie, time, speed, distance, and more. It also includes a water bottle holder and an AC adapter. Transporting it is very easy. It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Provides 3 computer goal workout settings
- 24 levels of resistance and 21 preset workout programs
- 2 flywheel and 2-belt designed double transmission system
- 3-piece cranking system ensures smoother striding and escalates the momentum
- 18″ stride length provides a smooth and intense full body workout without putting stress on joints
- Backlit LCD computer monitor tracks time, RPM, calories burned, speed, watts, pulse, etc
- Large footsteps prevent foot slippage, dual action handlebars and fixed arms with sensors
- Wobbles a little
7. Marcy ME-704 Regenerating Magnetic Elliptical
The large monitor has 23 programs which include preset programs, custom programs, a watt control program, a heart rate program, a body fat program. It keeps track of speed, time, calories burned, distance, fat, pulse, etc.
The footsteps easily fit large feet. The handlebars provide a comfortable grip. The swinging handlebars are used for full-body workouts, and the fixed handles help to increase the intensity of the workout specifically focusing on the lower body.
It has a tablet holder, two speakers, and an audio jack to connect phone or audio player. The levelers help to keep it on any type of surface even or uneven. The transportation wheels make it easy to transport and store. It comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty.
- Has a self-generating magnetic resistance system
- Offers 24 resistance levels from easy to more difficult workout
- 16″ stride length generates energy to operate the elliptical
- Each stride ensures smooth and silent operation
- The large computer display panel has 23 preset programs, tracks speed, calorie, pulse and more
- Large footsteps with gripped texture
- Well-cushioned, comfortable swinging upright handlebars
- The additional fixed-handles targets the lower body workout intensity
- The additional fixed-handles also includes pulse detection pads to track heart rate
- No water bottle holder
8. Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical
But adding the under-desk elliptical will bring the much-needed activity to the overall inactive body. It has a compact design that helps it to fit under any desk easily and eliminates the chance of knees bumping during pedaling.
Its whisper-quiet operation allows the user to continue whatever important works are pending with simultaneous workout.
This best elliptical under $500 has 8 levels of resistance which might not be too strong for the skillful users but perfect for those who just need to stay active during prolonged sitting and continue doing other stuff without any interruption.
The footsteps are large enough and have footprints to prevent sudden slipping. It required 2-5 minutes to assemble. It also comes with two wheel-stoppers which prevent the rolling chair from sliding during pedaling.
- Under desk elliptical
- Ergonomic design prevents knee bumping while pedaling,
- Particularly designed to be whisper quiet for convenient office use
- To eliminate sliding, the size and weight of the elliptical were thoroughly considered
- Enabled Bluetooth System helps to connect with different mobile app and track calories burned, strides, RPM, etc
- 8 level of magnetic resistance system to adjust the workout modes
- It also keeps sync to Fitbit and Apple Healthkit
- Resistance levels could have been a little more challenging
9. ProForm 250i Elliptical
ProForm 250i Elliptical is made of high-quality, durable steel. It is the perfect and best elliptical under 500 for beginners who are not skilled enough for extensive workouts and are tight on budget.
It has a decent 11lb inertia-enhanced flywheel. The 17-inch stride length and cushioned handlebars offer a full-body impact. The footsteps are perfect for large feet but non-adjustable.
It has a water bottle holder, iPod compatible audio, speaker, cooling fan, and media rack for holding tablets or magazines. It’s iFit ready has a built-in Bluetooth system. Once subscribed to the iFit app, with the help of the Bluetooth system the user can use all the workout programs available in the app.
It has foot adjustable foot levelers. It features a front-drive design, therefore, easy to store. The transportation wheels ensure easy transportation. The frame is protected with a 5-year warranty and also has 90 days parts and labor warranty.
- Built-in inertia-enhanced flywheel provides smooth and quiet operation
- 14 preprogrammed workout apps
- 14 different resistant levels help to choose an individual fitness goal
- Has a 17-inch stride length, footsteps are oversized and well-padded handlebars
- Comes with an integrated tablet holder, a water bottle holder,
- Coolaire workout fan keeps the user cool during an intense workout
- Has a large LCD monitor and EKG pulse grip sensors to monitor heart rate;
- iFit ready for planning and tracking workouts
- Not sturdy enough for vigorous training
10. ANCHEER Elliptical Machine Trainer
ANCHEER Elliptical Machine Trainer has a precision balanced flywheel and V-belt drive which ensures even and ultra-quiet operation. It has 8-level magnetic resistance from easy to more difficult workouts.
The user can choose the difficulty level with just a twist on the tension knob depending on the skill. Its heavy-duty body frame is durable and has 250 lb weight capacity.
The non-slip design of the footsteps ensures stability and comfort. It has long movable handlebars which along with the footsteps provide a no-impact full-body workout.
The additional stationary handlebars have sensors for monitoring heart rate through the pulse. The easy-to-read advanced LCD monitor displays speed, scan, distance, calories burned, time, heart rate, etc.
It also helps to keep a track record on fitness statistics and planning the workouts. It has a small media tray which works as a tablet holder. The transportation wheels make it easy to move. It comes with a one-year warranty period.
- 12lb built-in precision balanced inertia-enhanced flywheel
- V-belt drive ensures smooth, consistent and quiet operation
- 8 level magnetic resistance can be manually adjusted
- Offers tension knob to set up an individual workout goal
- Smooth 13-inch stride length for no impact workout;
- Footsteps are big and anti-slip ensuring stability
- Stable, well padded, long handlebars
- Hand sensors monitor pulse frequency and heart rate
- Advanced, easy-to-read large window LCD digital monitor
- LCD digital monitor helps to plan and record fitness statistics
- No water bottle holder
Think Before Buying A Elliptical Machine Under 500
Here are some criteria you should check for while searching for the best elliptical machine under 500.
When shopping for a new elliptical, it’s essential to figure out how much you’ll use it. If you’re looking for a high-intensity elliptical, look for strides that are 20 inches or longer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for longer stride lengths on the elliptical that can result in more intensity during workouts.
Another feature you should look for is a built-in fitness tracker. If a machine comes with a fitness tracker, its features will be much more advanced. When you’re trying to reach a fitness goal, it’s helpful to have an objective way of measuring your progress.
It’s essential to get the right flywheel’s weight because it determines how smoothly the workout will be. The more weight the flywheel has, the smoother your workout will be.
You want an elliptical with adjustable settings and enough intensity levels that allow you to vary your workouts. Besides, if you regularly work out, you’ll need an elliptical machine that can keep up with your growing strength. So, make sure that your workout equipment is versatile enough to adjust your muscles’ change in strength.
A boring elliptical machine could lead to infrequent and short workouts, which will only bring limited benefits. Therefore, if your elliptical machine has a few different exercise programs, you’ll be less likely to get bored and quit. Besides, once you identify the key elements of your workout program, you don’t need a ton of programs to address every possible training. Again, if you’re not a fitness expert, it’s better to choose programs designed for beginners.
The length of the parts and labor warranty is usually a confirmation of the quality of the elliptical machine. A lifetime warranty on the frame and a limited warranty on some parts cover the majority of ellipticals. So, you can also check that your elliptical has a good warranty.
Elliptical Machine Under 500 FAQs
What is the Best Elliptical Machine Under $500?
Based on our review, here we have got some best elliptical machines under $500. They are-
- SCHWINN 430
- EXERPEUTIC 1318 5000
- FITNESS REALITY 2366 X-CLASS
Is $500 Enough for High-quality Elliptical?
Actually, the answer to this question depends on your plan for what you will use this machine yet. If you are experienced enough with this machine and its functionality, it will not be difficult for you to find the right elliptical machine under $500.
Usually, the best elliptical under 500 comes with a short stride length and fewer amenities. So, if you are a walker, these elliptical machines will be best suited for you.
On the other hand, runners may face difficulty finding the best elliptical trainer under $500. Besides, it is also challenging to get the right size under $500.
What Should Be Considered to Get the Best Elliptical Under $500?
Having some basic idea on the key feature of an elliptical machine is required to get the right one under $500. And so, it is necessary to pay attention to several crucial factors, such as-
- Stride length
- Performance tracking
- Resistance levels
- Number of programs
- Flywheel effectiveness
Why Buy an Elliptical Machine Under $500?
An elliptical machine is a regular exercise machine for our low-impact exercise routines. People who don’t have enough time and scope to go to the gym can buy an elliptical machine under 500 for home use.
Especially if you are aware of injuries or having weak knees, you can buy an elliptical machine under $500 for home use as it is not that sort of trainer which causes problems yet.
Which Size of the Elliptical Machine Will Right for Me?
If an elliptical machine isn’t able to offer a comfortable workout, purchasing such a machine is just a waste of your money. Usually, it is recommended to tall people for using an elliptical machine that comes with a longer stride length.
The stride length of the elliptical machine varies by several inches. Though it is challenging to find an elliptical machine under $500 with longer stride length, it is not impossible yet.
Is Elliptical Better Than Walking?
These two activities differ significantly from each other, depending on various facts. If your concern is convenience, you will find walking is better. It’s because you can go for a walk anytime, anywhere. There are fewer barriers to get into walking as you need only a pair of high-quality shoes.
On the contrary, if calorie burning is your primary concern, you will find elliptical workouts beneficial. According to some researches, a 160-pound user can burn 365 calories by exercising on an elliptical for an hour. But the same person will burn approximately 300 calories by walking briskly.
Again, the elliptical exercise is the winner in terms of the joint’s impact. As you know, elliptical trainers target lower body muscles, and they allow low impact workout. But if you consider the cost, you will notice that walking is better than an elliptical workout. In summary, it entirely depends on you how you signify these two exercise types.
Does The Elliptical Make Your Thighs Bigger?
Your thighs may potentially look wider after several elliptical session. It’s because you are building up lean muscle.
When you burn a significant amount of fat, you build more lean muscle, and your thighs start to look bigger, which is, in essence, slimmer than your previous thigh’s width.
The benefits of building muscles are they help burn more calories even when you are taking rest. Thus, you shouldn’t worry about if your thighs look bigger as they sign more stamina.
Are Ellipticals Bad for Knees?
Ellipticals are popular for allowing low-impact workouts. These machines don’t cause knee pain if users use them correctly. People with knee or joint problems use these fitness trainers as an alternative to running or jogging. They are less stressful knees, hips, and backs than other exercise equipment. So, considering these facts, we can say ellipticals aren’t bad for knees. Instead, they are appropriate for people with knee, back, or hip injury.
How to Use an Elliptical Machine Correctly?
Using an elliptical machine is pretty simple. First, you have to step onto the fitness trainer facing the monitor. After stepping onto it, you should grab the handlebars; it will help you maintain balance. If you have a traditional elliptical, take a few steps forward to turn the machine’s display on.
And if it contains a start button, you should go for it. It is time to begin pedaling at an even pace. While pedaling, your arm should be swinging with the handles. You need to pull the right handle toward you when your left foot goes down. The same technique applies to the right leg as well. When you paddle, you should not lock your knees. Instead, keep them bent while straightening the leg on strokes.
That’s how you paddle an elliptical, which is quite similar to cycling. You can increase or reduce the workout intensity by turning up the resistance. By tuning the resistance level, you can provide your muscles a better workout. You can also change the pedal’s direction. Some ellipticals support both forward and backward paddling, though. By going with backward paddling, you can target different body parts such as hamstrings and glutes.
Some elliptical trainers offer swing arms; if your machine comes with such a feature, you should use them. These arms will provide you a full-body workout. That’s the way to use an elliptical. Anyway, while doing an elliptical workout, remember that you shouldn’t do intense paddling for an extended period. Try to take a five to ten minutes interval when you feel tired.
How Beneficial Is an Elliptical Trainer for Weight Loss?
If you inspect the weight loss method properly, you will notice that the key to weight loss is knowing calories and their effect on weight. If you are up to lose 1 pound per week, make a calorie deficit of 3500 every week.
The best way to make such a deficit is to cut 1750 calories from diet and burn the rest through exercise. When it comes to burning calories, elliptical machines are highly beneficial.
Depending on your weight, you can burn from 270 calories up to 400 calories in an hour with an elliptical trainer. If your weight is around 125 pounds, you can burn up to 270 calories by doing the elliptical workout for an hour.
If you weigh more than 155 or 185 pounds, you can burn from 335 to 430 calories in half an hour. Thus, it is evident how effective an elliptical machine can be for weight loss.
Here we conclude our review on the best elliptical machine under 500. After the long analysis, we can come to the conclusion that all the ellipticals in our list have exact same features barring one or two rare features.
What basically makes them different from each other are the stride lengths, flywheels, resistant levels, and the preset programs. But the main thing which puts them in the same category is, them being high-quality, affordable products.
By listing the elliptical machine under 500 hopefully, we have served the purpose. Do not restrict yourself due to budget issues or lack of space or time, rather start with one of the best elliptical machines under 500 from our list.
Just be determined to stay fit and set up your own fitness goal. We hope our review provided enough information and will be helpful to make you decide which specific elliptical you need.
You May Also Like to Read
- Best Elliptical Machine for Home
- Best Elliptical Machine under 1000
- Best Elliptical Machine Under 300
- Best Elliptical Machine Under 1500