Last Updated on September 28, 2021
Ab Bridge or Elbow Plank: The Elbow Plank or the abdominal bridge is a really effective exercise for developing the abdominal muscles. If the goal is to achieve substantial and visible “six-packs, “the Elbow Plank is to be included in your training routine.
Read Also – Best Ways to Exercise at Home
Ab Bridge or Elbow Plank
Method of Execution
- Lie down on your stomach on a mat, remaining supported with your elbows, which act as a pivot (the position is like push-ups, but instead of arms, elbows resting on the ground).
- By contracting the abdominals and keeping the pelvis straight, remove the body from the ground (elbows, forearms, and forefoot remain supported).
- Once you have found the correct position, keep it for 10 seconds, avoiding entering apnea.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
- We recommend 10-repetitions of 10 seconds each, for 3-sets, with 1-minute rest between sets.
Read Also – Best Ab Roller
- When in tension, try to distribute your weight evenly on your hands, forearms, and elbows.
- The back must assume a linear position.
Errors to Avoid
- Avoid arching or excessively flexing the spine.
- Don’t release the position too abruptly.
Read Also – Best Fitness Gifts for Her